How Do I Fix My HP Printer Not Printing Black?
The HP Printer is specifically known for its affordability, durability, and top-quality printing, scanning, faxing or copying documents. But, it can be too much disappointment when HP Printer Does Not Print Black or starts serving poor quality printouts.
Oftentimes, you may realize having an HP Printer is fully useless, a waste of money, and a timeless effort. But, despite thinking of it, let’s together identify why your HP Printer Won’t Print Black even after striving multiple times. Though, you won’t be able to fix this issue unless the reason would be detected.
In the blog post, we’ve discussed the entire possibilities of the existence of this issue and their relative troubleshooting solutions. So, don’t go anywhere! Simply, feast your eyes right here!
What Could Result In The HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue?
The prospective list of reasons that may trigger the HP Printer Won’t Print Black issue is enumerated underneath. Have a short glimpse of the feasible causes:
- Low/empty blank ink
- Print Head Vent is probably clogged
- Out-of-date Printer Driver
- Glitches inside the Printer Ink Cartridge
- Not using genuine Black HP Ink Cartridge
- The page is not aligned appropriately on the scanner glass
Technical Guide To Fix HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue
Let’s dive into the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips and techniques to help in solving your HP Printer Not Printing Black issue. Here’re the most efficient directives you need to implement for getting eye-catching printouts in black.
Guide 1: Check The Black Ink Level & Replace It’s Low/Empty
Here’s how you can identify the estimated level of black ink and if necessary replace it with the genuine HP cartridge:
Check The Ink Level
- Load the stack of A-4-sized plain white paper into the paper tray.
- Touch the button (-) next to the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel.
- Touch the Right Arrow button to select “Tools”, and then hit OK.
- Touch the Right Arrow button to select “Estimated Ink Levels”, and then tap OK.
- If none of the ink cartridges including black ink are low or insufficient, you do not need to replace them yet. Simply, jump to the next solving guide.
- If any of the color or black ink cartridges are low or insufficient, continue to the next procedure to replace them.
Replace Black Ink Cartridges
- First, turn on your HP Printer.
- Open the cartridge door.
- Slightly press down on the cartridge to release it.
- Now, carefully pull the cartridge out of its slot.
- Now, remove the new black ink cartridge from its packaging, and also remove the plastic tape.
- Hold down the cartridge with the nozzles toward the printer.
- Insert the black cartridge into the slot on the right until it snaps into place.
- Slightly, push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.
- In the end, close the cartridge door.
Now, attempt to print a document using your HP Printer. Hopefully, the printer resumes printing in black. If still HP Printer is Not Printing Black, move to the next solution.
Guide 2: Clean The Printhead
The blockage of the printhead nozzle will probably lead you to experience the printer not printing black or any color issue. Thus, if your printer doesn’t print black, immediately clean the printhead using the following steps:
- Take a warm wet paper towel and stain the cartridge with the printhead facing down onto the paper towel. Doing this will discard any dried ink on the printhead.
- Then, carefully hold the cartridge with the printhead facing down against a dry paper towel for a couple of minutes. A dry paper towel will soak the extra ink.
- Do not wipe the print head as this may cause damage.
- Afterward, try to reinstall the cartridge and resume printing with your HP Printer.
If you are still getting poor print results, you may need to update your printer driver. Visit the official HP site and install the recently launched driver against your printer model.
One-Stop HP Printer Support For HP Printer Not Printing Black
Not satisfied with the aforementioned resolution methods? Need more advanced troubleshooting guidance for HP Printer Not Printing Black issue? Contact the HP Printer Support team for expert problem-solving. Dial the 24×7 accessible helpline number and grasp the technical assistance at your fingertips.